FundLyst is committed to protecting your personal information. FundLyst Inc (collectively “we”, “us”, or “our”) has developed a platform for companies and accredited investors to meet their right funding partner. To accomplish this, investors and companies create profiles to search for their perfect fit.
1. Information we receive or collect from you
- Registration Data: Refers to information you provide to us during the registration process. This includes, but is not limited to your email address, name, business information website, and password for your account.
- Payment information: If you choose to become a member or start our Free Trial of the Service, you will also be asked to provide (at a minimum) your name and payment information.
- Information you choose to provide to FundLyst: You have the ability to provide a variety of information during your interactions with us and the FundLyst Service, such as emails you may send us, ads you respond to, and emails or newsletters that you sign up to receive.
- Match activity: When you use our Service, we keep track of your match activity in order for your search AI experience to improve every time you use our Service.
- Chat: You have the ability to request a conversation if you’re a company or founder, or start a conversation if you’re an investor which will grant you access to our chat feature once both parties agree. You should be aware that any information you submit in the course of these conversations can be read, collected, or used by other users of these parts of the Service. We are not responsible for the information you choose to share in any of the community networking features available on or through the Service.
- Technical Information: As is true of many internet-enabled services, FundLyst may collect certain technical information through the use of log files and servers.
Information in a log file may include IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, date/time stamps, Media Access Control (MAC) address, file requested, and other usage information and statistics.
- Contact Information: If you choose to participate in research studies, or sign up for certain features and/or rewards offered through the Service, you may provide us, and we may collect your contact information, including your name, mailing address, and phone number. The email address you provided as part of your registration data is not
considered contact information for the purposes of this policy.
- Device Information: If you access and use the Service from a computer, mobile phone, tablet, or other electronic device, we may collect information about those devices such as device type, operating system version and type, and other related information for that device.
- Location Information: When you register for our Service, you provide us with the location of your business. We may also collect location information from devices you use while accessing our Service. Depending on the device and operating system, device-based location information may be derived from GPS and nearby wireless signals such as
cell towers, Wi-Fi networks, and Bluetooth beacons. We will not collect your device-based location information unless you have permitted the FundLyst app to access location Service on your device. You can disable this access at any time in your system settings. Additionally, in some cases, your location within a geographic block may be approximated from the IP address currently assigned to your device.
- Research: If you choose to participate in surveys or other research, we will collect any information you choose to provide us, together with other data about your use of the FundLyst platform.
2. How we use information we receive or collect
Generally, FundLyst uses your Registration Data and other information or data we receive or collect, as well as data we derive or infer from combinations of the foregoing, for a variety of purposes, such as:
- To facilitate the creation of and secure your account on the FundLyst platform.
- To provide and improve the FundLyst platform, and to develop new products and Service.
- To customize and personalize your match activity for you and potential fits. We also use this information to provide you with relevant and interesting content and feedback.
- To measure and analyze Service usage and enhance the user experience on our Service.
We use tracking information to determine how well each page and feature performs.
This helps us continue to build a better Service for you.
- To fulfill your requests for certain products and Service, such as distributing electronic newsletters and enabling you to participate in and renew paid Service, surveys, and events.
- To send you information that you requested or agreed to receive.
- To alert you to the latest developments and features on our Service and to notify you of administrative information, such as security or support and maintenance advisories.
- To invite you to participate in events or special promotions related to your business or products we think you may like or in which you may be interested.
We may send you push notifications from time to time in order to update you about events and promotions. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level in your app settings. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
We do not sell or give your email address to other companies for their own marketing purposes without your permission. However, we may use your email address or other Registration Data to provide you with technical support, send you notices about the Service or other promotional offers you have elected to receive, and to serve you with ads that are more relevant to your interests.
We do not sell or give your Contact Information to companies for their own marketing purposes without your permission. We do use Contact Information, however, to contact you, and to provide you with special offers and other information.
3. How we share information
FundLyst may share information we receive or collect in a variety of ways, such as:
- When you give FundLyst permission to collect and share your data by registering your account. Your name, company and Registration Data will be shared with other members of the FundLyst platform that fit your search criteria.
- When you participate in community and social networking features on the FundLyst platform, such as our Chat, Champion Founders, Match Activity, or other forms of communication and interaction which you elect to make public or share on public profiles or in other forums.
- If we contract or partner with third parties to provide specialized Service on our behalf, such as credit card processors, customer support, ad servers or other providers of advertising Service, platform technology providers, bulk email processors who send out emails on our behalf, or parties who assist us with sweepstakes management and prize fulfillment. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these Service to FundLyst. They are not authorized to use your personal information for their own, unrelated purposes.
- Sharing information that you have created via the Service, or that are associated with your account, if you have elected to share that information publicly.
- If you elect to take advantage of certain features or Service provided jointly by FundLyst and third parties, we may share certain information about you with those third parties for account authentication and management, and to enable the Service on their platforms.
- If you have given permission to a third party for us to share data about you with them. For example, if you participate as a panelist in a survey with an analytics company, you may, as part of your agreement with that company, have authorized that company to receive data from us about you.
- To measure and analyze Service usage. For example, we use third-party providers to measure how long and how frequently you are using the Service.
We may share your information in order to (I) protect or defend the legal rights or property of FundLyst, or the legal rights of third parties, employees, agents, and contractors (including enforcement of our agreements); (II) protect the safety and security of FundLyst users or members of the public including acting in urgent circumstances; (III) protect against fraud or to conduct risk management; or (IV) comply with the law, legal process, or legal and government requests.
FundLyst may share information we gather from devices you use to access the Service with its third-party vendors or service providers, manufacturers or distributors, or advertising entities. We share this information for a variety of purposes such as marketing events, estimating the number of unique users, security and fraud detection, debugging problems with the FundLyst platform, and for providing you with more relevant content.
FundLyst may share with third parties, advertisers, and/or business partners de-identified, aggregated, or anonymized information we receive or collect, such as demographic information, location information, information about the computer or device from which you access the Service, or information about your interactions with the Service. We share such information for a variety of reasons, such as to analyze Service usage, improve the Service and your listener experience, improve the serving of advertisements, or for other similar purposes.
Any information you provide or post may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. Any information you place in your user profile, including personal information, financial information, and business information, may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your information and account, which will end your access to the FundLyst platform and Service, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your personal information is transferred or shared as described in this policy, we will seek assurances from the recipients of such information (prior to the transfer) that they will safeguard the information in a manner consistent with this policy. We ask recipients of such information to enter into a contractual relationship with us that includes confidentiality and non-disclosure clauses, and provides the same level of commitment to and protections of information as provided in this policy.
4. Managing your information
We provide you with the ability to modify your Registration Data by contacting email@example.com. We generally respond to help requests within 24 hours of receiving a request, but it may take up to 30 days depending on the volume of requests we receive. We will retain and use your Registration Data and the other information we collect about you for 1 year
after your account is closed or as needed to provide the Service. We may retain and use this information for longer periods of time to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for other legitimate reasons like fraud prevention. Residual anonymous information and aggregate information, neither of which identifies you (directly or indirectly), may be stored indefinitely.
When you register for the FundLyst platform, your profile will be public to our members. The FundLyst team publishes your profile once your information is verified. For example, if you’re a company and have been accepted to join the FundLyst community, your profile and your Registration Data will be visible and searchable to other members that fit within your criteria.
When you register for the Service, you may elect to receive promotional, marketing, or other similar emails tailored to your interests. You have the option to change this election in your account settings. Additionally, you may also follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in the promotional, marketing, or other similar emails you receive.We will send you transaction confirmation emails and other Service-related announcements when it is necessary to do so.
For instance, if our Service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email.
5. Cancellation or deactivation of accounts
If you would like to request the cancellation or deactivation of your account, you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Cancellation or deactivation of your account does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you may have posted or otherwise made available publicly on the FundLyst platform while you were a registered user. You should also contact FundLyst support team to request the deactivation of a profile you believe is fake or otherwise unauthorized.
6. Cancellation or deactivation of accounts
We have implemented security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information we collect or receive from you. For example, when you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). However, despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. If you have any questions about security on our Service, you can contact our support team.
We use the information we collect in ways that are relevant and compatible with the purpose for which that information was collected or provided to us as disclosed in this policy. We will take steps to ensure that all information collected, processed, and/or stored is protected from destruction, corruption, or use in a manner inconsistent with our policies or the purpose for which we received it. Our Service and certain advertisements on our Service include links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of FundLyst. If you submit personal information to any of those websites, the privacy statements and practices of those websites govern their use of your information. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
Some of our third-party partners may utilize framing techniques to serve content to and from web pages accessible through our platform while preserving the look and feel of our website. Please be aware that if a third-party partner utilizes framing techniques, you are providing your personal information to this third-party partner and not to FundLyst.
7. Your privacy rights under state laws
Depending on the law that applies, you may have a right to access and rectify or erase your personal data or receive a copy of your personal data, restrict or object to the active processing of your data, ask us to share your personal information to another entity, withdraw any consent you provided to us to process your data, a right to lodge a complaint with a statutory authority and such other rights as may be relevant under applicable laws. To exercise these rights, contact email@example.com. We will respond to your request in accordance with applicable law. You may opt-out of direct marketing communications or the profiling we carry out for marketing purposes by contacting our support team.
Please note that if you do not allow us to collect or use your information or withdraw the consent to use your information for the required purposes, you may not be able to access or use our Service.
8. California residents (CCPA)
This section applies only to California residents. It describes their rights with respect to their Personal Information. For purposes of this section, “ Personal Information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) but does not include information exempted from the scope of the CCPA.
a) Access to specific information and data portability rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request, we will disclose to you the categories of personal information we collected about you, our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal
information, the categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information and the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
b) Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code §1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
c) Exercising access, data portability, and deletion rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable request related to your personal information. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable request must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative and describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
d) Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to the registered email associated with the account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination. This means that we will not penalize you for exercising your rights by taking actions such as denying you Service; increasing the price/rate of Service; decreasing service quality; or suggesting that we may penalize you as described above for exercising your rights.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) was passed to give parents increased control over what information is collected from their children online and how such information is used. The law applies to websites and Service directed to, and which knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. The FundLyst platform and Service are not
directed to children under the age of 13, nor is information knowingly collected from them. For additional information on COPPA protections, link to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.onguardonline.gov/articles/0031-kids-privacy
We will continue to evaluate this policy against new technologies, business practices, changes in law, and our members’ needs, and may make changes to the policy accordingly. Please check this page periodically for updates. If we make any material changes to this policy, we will post the updated terms of the policy on the Service, and provide you notice of such changes, which may include notice by email through a message sent to the email address you use to access the platform, or posting a message on the platform.
Any material changes to this policy will be effective upon the earlier of thirty (30) calendar days following our dispatch of an email notice to you or thirty (30) calendar days following our posting of notice of the changes on the Service. These changes will be effective immediately for new users of the Service. Please note that at all times you are responsible for updating your information to provide us with your most current email address. In the event that the last email address that you have provided us is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our dispatch of the email containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice. If you do not wish to permit changes in our use of your information, you must notify us prior to the effective date of the changes that you wish to deactivate your account. Continued use of the Service following notice of such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.
FundLyst will conduct compliance audits of our relevant privacy practices to verify adherence to this policy. Further, we will conduct follow up investigations to verify that attestations and assertions regarding our privacy practices are accurate. You may inquire about an inaccuracy or make a complaint about a potential violation to us via the contact information provided below.
We do engage in training to support implementation and compliance of our privacy practices; any employee that we determine is in violation of this policy may be subject to disciplinary action.
Questions or concerns regarding our use or disclosure of information may be directed to FundLyst’s support team at email@example.com. FundLyst will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of information in accordance with the principles contained in this policy. For complaints that cannot be resolved between FundLyst and the complainant, FundLyst agrees to cooperate with the respective data protection authorities (or their authorized representatives) and participate in any dispute resolution procedures established by such authorities.
12. Contact Us